Wednesday, December 21, 2011

the pattern

Back when I got that first message, and then got angry, I was trying to hide, even from me, the real reason for my anger.

But now, having to face it again, it must be admitted.

She would leave, find someone else, tell him to go away, and he would come to me. For a friend, for someone to talk to, or just because he knew I loved him.

And then she would change her mind. Want him back.

And I? I got silence. An occasional polite response.

Which is what I'm getting now.

Friday, we talked, actually talked, on the phone.

Saturday, I text him, and get a rather polite, protracted, response.

Since then? Nothing.

I remember, all too well, what that means. And I really don't want to be the other woman.

Update: It isn't her. It's me. I'm too intense. Too much. Which I already knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment