Thursday, December 8, 2011

holding pattern

I thought, maybe, we might have another date by now.

But, apparently not.

The blind date has been declared too immature. Apparently, he flirts with co-eds (he's a prof, so really, what else is there to flirt with?), and my friends now think he needs to grow up before we can go out again. I argued that it's normal, he was much younger when he was last single, and it takes a while to remember that you've gotten older. Didn't fly. Whatever.

My old flame, well, even though I felt it was too soon, I asked him to be my date for my office Christmas party. He accepted, but then sorta freaked out. So no, I don't get to see him, either.

I thought about asking someone else, but I've gone off the idea. Kinda hoping he'll change his mind. Or something.

Meantime, I miss him something fierce, and he's just trying to get through each day as it comes. (I remember that time in my life, and I ache for him, for what he's going through.)
He's got all these things he has to deal with, all this healing to do. And I'm not very good at waiting, patiently, for things to happen in their own time.

I need distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment