Tuesday, March 17, 2009

this is me

I finally give David the whole spiel. What my "dating" has consisted of over the past 8 years, my 3E's, all of it. I may have gotten a little defensive, but I tried to soften that with humor. And I told him that I'd had to think about how to answer him, how honest to be about it, how to make it sound less pathetic, etc. Basically, I put it all out there. (and thank you, girls, especially Marcy(love the way you put it), for your comments - you made me feel much better)
My office buddy says I'm out to sabotage myself, telling him all that stuff. A valid argument, but still, I feel he deserves the truth.
I end the thing by saying that I'm off home to bake a carrot cake and un-depress myself with my favorite movie. Adding "aren't I clever to work that in there (meaning the carrot cake), tempting you to meet me anyway, if only in the hope of someday finding out just how good my carrot cake is". Because he said earlier that he likes carrot cake.
(nope, doesn't sound any less lame reading that over again)
Maybe some part of me wants me to stay single? Whatever it is, this is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment