Saturday, March 7, 2009

a date?

David, the really nice guy, the lawyer in WA I've been corresponding with, will be in SLC for conference weekend. He wants to meet me.
I have a perfectly good excuse not to. I always work April Conference weekend, because it's so close to the tax deadline. We all come in to the office and listen to it online while we work. But of course I don't work all day. And there's Sunday as well, though that doesn't feel right to me - a date on a Sunday. I try to keep that day just for family, you know?
I haven't answered him back yet.
Talk me into it. Please. Because this? totally scares me.

4 comments:

  1. DO IT!!!!! Even if it's on Sunday--as long as you're not buying anything.... I'm sure glad I met Travis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Public place and all that, of course. No personal details. Be careful with the out-of-staters, Travis says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! What is the harm in a short visit? If you want to see if it would be worth pursuing, I would totally set up a time to see what he is like in person. What do you have to lose? Go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DO IT! DO IT! I agree with all the precautions, you should be careful and not stupid. But you will kick yourself if you don't at least meet the guy. Or I will kick you. (I mean that with lots of love).

    You can meet on Saturday pre priesthood session or post priesthood session. or for a quick lunch in between sessions. that's always safe. If it's going poorly, I'll be happy to call and pose as your boss and demand that you high tail it back to the office.

    go on!

    ReplyDelete