Wednesday, March 11, 2009

could he be any nicer?

David asked for my phone number.
It's weird, because right after I accepted the date, I was thinking about that, and trying to decide if I was okay with giving my number to someone I've never met (look it up - it's one of the no-no's for safe online dating). I'd decided I wasn't comfortable with that just yet (I don't want to have to change my number if he turns out to be a psycho), but at the same time, I didn't want to make a big deal out of it (he does seem like a really nice guy). Next thing I know, there's this message asking me if it's okay if he calls me, and he gives me his number.
He sent that last night, and I've just let it sit there. I've been thinking about it all day. I figured out how to make my cell not show my number on caller ID and tested that out calling a friend. It seems to work. I saved his number in my cell. I didn't call. I didn't reply to his message. I started to worry he'd get offended that I didn't even reply to him, but I didn't know what to say yet. (I know, I know, I'm over analyzing)
I replied to a different message from another guy instead (fill you in later). While I was doing that, I get another message from David. He doesn't ask me why I haven't replied, he doesn't even mention it. He just sends this cute message asking me how I'm doing, says he's thinking about seeing a movie tonight (already saw "Not Into You"), just kind of chatty, and then says "I love hearing from you...you write great emails."
So he's either the nicest guy on the planet, or he's had a lot of practice pretending he is.

2 comments:

  1. I say CALL HIM!! It will be good either way. Either you will find out that you might not be that interested and spare yourself a face to face date, or you really get to chatting and find that you are even more excited to meet him in person. I would call him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i think calling would add to the excitement and date anxiety (haha). perhaps it's a no-no in the rule-book, but you're a rebel anyway.

    ReplyDelete