Tuesday, December 29, 2009

personal improvements

A few posts back, I mentioned the improvements I'm planning for the house. But I realized I hadn't mentioned my own "improvements" here.

I'm finally down to my post-divorce weight again. The weight I was after two months of not being able to eat or sleep. Folks who didn't know what was going on with me were saying "wow, you look great!" and "how did you do it?" (some of those poor people got "I don't recommend it...my husband left me, and I can't eat or sleep" - not what they expected to hear), but the ones who knew me well said things like "are you okay?" and "I'm worried about you", which was easier to take, in a lot of ways.
Some of this weight I slowly gained back as life returned to normal. Not a problem at the time, because at least I felt like eating and I was sleeping, and life was beginning to feel normal again, so having some weight come back on wasn't horrible. And I didn't regain all of it, so I didn't fuss at the time. Plus, I like my clothes, and the thought of having to replace my entire wardrobe did not thrill me. Still doesn't thrill me.

But, through small changes, and a little work (but not a lot, because I don't like traditional work-outs, or running, or weight-lifting, or any of that stuff), I'm getting back down to a more normal weight for my height. I still have a ways to go, if I'm to ever get myself back to what I should be. I may never reach that ideal, but that's fine. I feel pretty good about where I am for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment