Monday, December 14, 2009

long distance relationship, anyone?

This guy I mentioned before, the one in Michigan? He seems possibly actually interested. Because he's really looking to relocate anyway. So, maybe we'll be having some conversations. Maybe.
See, he's got the 3 E's (or, at least, he says he does...not that I'm paranoid or anything, but...), and you know how big a deal that is to me. And he's about my age (never a big thing for me, but in the same decade would be nice, just because it's easier to relate), and he's in education. I'm guessing High School, because he teaches social studies. That's about all I know for now.
We'll see. I still don't think you should give your phone number to someone you've never met, but I may have to make an exception here, given the distance. But only if there seems to be something worth pursuing. I'd feel better if he gave me his, because I can set my phone to not show the number on his caller ID. I know I'm not a stalker, but he can't know that. So if he's hesitant about giving out his number, I won't complain.

2 comments:

  1. You could do a video chat. That way all you'd have to give is an email address. I created one specifically so I could chat with Hans. Then you have more cues to go off of when figuring out if he's a good guy--more cues than just talking on the phone....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, good idea. I do have a webcam at home...so I'll have to think about that.

    ReplyDelete