Friday, December 11, 2009

home improvements

My contractor asked me, as we were discussing putting a front porch on my little house, just how long I expected to live there. I told him, I didn't think I'd be moving, well, ever. Unless...unless I got married again. Because you shouldn't move into one house or the other, you should find a new house together. He asked if that would happen any time soon. Not so much, I said. I'd have to be dating, for that to happen.
As much as I want the front porch, and the other improvements I'm considering, sometimes, only sometimes, I wish I could say I don't expect to be there very long.
It's been 22 years since I bought that house. I've thought about moving. Looked at a couple other places once or twice. This was never my ideal home. But it was what I could afford at the time, and it has it's good points. Location is one of them. I love my ward. I feel blessed to be where I am.
I don't want to move. But sometimes, I wish I had a reason to.

No comments:

Post a Comment