Thursday, April 9, 2009

before and since

My life before making an effort to date: I spend my evenings doing things I enjoy, happy to be me, content with how my life is now, even if it's not what I expected my life would be.

My life since I decided to make said effort: I spend my evenings doing things I enjoy, but with a little less energy than before, and feeling not so content with my life, because I'm trying to date and all I've gotten out of it so far is rejection. With a little roller-coaster ride for my feelings along the way, when it looked like someone was interested and I might get to go out on an actual date.

Same life, but now I get to feel bad about it and evoke pity.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. That dumb dentist put me on a terrible roller coaster. I tell myself that at least I'm trying. I had a dream the other day, though, and I don't remember any details but I remember that I was in love with a wonderful man and was loved in return and I felt so happy when I woke up. That reminded me why I'm dating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I signed up for the site my older sister gave me some good advice. She said to allot a certain number of minutes to my dating attempts each day or couple of days or whatever--and to not let it take over too much of my energy, thoughts, etc. Basically, she said to let dating attempts just be one part of my life--something I was working on in a sensible manner but not all-important to my life. That made a lot of sense to me.

    ReplyDelete